This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7339 / 51°44'2"N
Longitude: -5.1861 / 5°11'9"W
OS Eastings: 180095
OS Northings: 208714
OS Grid: SM800087
Mapcode National: GBR G2.YV9S
Mapcode Global: VH1RP.2P55
Entry Name: Winterton
Listing Date: 23 February 1998
Last Amended: 23 February 1998
Source ID: 19396
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated some 300m N of the Marloes to Mullock road, approximately 750m NE of the centre of Marloes.
Community: Marloes and St. Brides (Marloes a Sain Ffrêd)
Community: Marloes and St. Brides
Traditional County: Pembrokeshire
Early C19 substantial farmouse, part of the estates of Lord Kensington in C19. The Tithe Map of 1845 shows a farm of 194 acres (78.5 hectares) occupied by Thomas Child and owned by the Hon. William Edwardes, later 3rd Baron Kensington, who owned a total of approximately 830 acres (336 hectares) in Marloes parish at this time. Position of stair tower behind rear wing suggests that rear wing may be older than S front range.
Farmhouse, unpainted lined stucco (covered with creeper) with slate roof and rebuilt brick end stacks. Three-storey, three-window range of horned sashes, 6-pane to attic, 12-pane elsewhere, centre added roughcast porch with W side door and fixed 12-pane front and E windows, half-glazed door within. Single-storey outbuilding attached to left with brick W stack and C20 8-12-8-pane bow window. Outshut rear. Main house has 3-storey NW rear wing with rendered N stack. W side has two 4-pane attic sashes, two 4-pane square first floor sashes and C20 ground floor window. N end lean-to with W garage door. Rear of NW wing is outshut with rubble stone N and E walls and hipped stair tower in angle to front range.
A substantial 3-storey late Georgian farmhouse of regional character.
Other nearby listed buildings