Lime Kiln at St Brides Haven
A Grade II Listed Building in Marloes and St. Brides (Marloes a Sain Ffrêd), Pembrokeshire
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building.
In some locations, Street View may not
give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7538 / 51°45'13"N
Longitude: -5.1857 / 5°11'8"W
OS Eastings: 180221
OS Northings: 210925
OS Grid: SM802109
Mapcode National: GBR G2.XN2S
Mapcode Global: VH1RP.25DW
Entry Name: Lime Kiln at St Brides Haven
Listing Date: 23 February 1998
Last Amended: 23 February 1998
Source ID: 19402
Building Class: Commercial
Location: Situated approximately 20m from the sea at St Brides Haven, some 90m NW of the Church of Saint Bridget.
Community: Marloes and St. Brides (Marloes a Sain Ffrêd)
Community: Marloes and St. Brides
Locality: St Brides
Traditional County: Pembrokeshire
Mid C19 lime kiln not marked on Tithe Map of 1839 but there is evidence of a kiln or kilns in the name Lower Kiln Cliff and in the field names Upper Kiln and Lower Kiln.
Circular lime kiln in good condition built of red rubble stone. Some 3m high and 6m in diameter with extended walls on the NE and SW sides. SE side is built into a bank or ramp. NE and SW sides have large kiln eyes some 2m high with broad cambered heads and stone voussoirs. Corbelled stonework within. Crucible is infilled.
Reasons for Listing
Listed as a good surviving lime kiln of the region in a coastal setting.
Other nearby listed buildings
Benjamin Ferrior Tomb, Church of Saint Bridget
Situated in the churchyard of the Church of Saint Bridget, S of the church and immediately W of the porch.
Church of Saint Bridget
Situated some 100m SE of the coast at St Brides Haven, approximately 750m E of St Brides Castle.
Pump House, reservoir and boundary wall
Adjacent to the public toilets at St Brides Haven, near to the entrance drive to Cranford.
Former rectory of the Church of Saint Bridget and situated approximately 30m SE of the church at St Brides Haven.
Gateway and walls to "The Abbey"
Situated at St Brides Green, some 200m SW of St Brides Cross and some 200m SE of the coast at St Brides Haven.
Situated at St Brides Green, some 150m SW of St Brides Cross and forming the NE corner of the walls to "The Abbey".
St Brides Castle
Situated in wooded parkland, overlooking and some 700m SW of St Brides Haven.
East wall of Kitchen Garden, St Brides Castle
Situated to S of stable yard, the kitchen-garden E wall prominently framing the W end of the lawn at St Brides Castle.