Sundial in the churchyard of St Mary's Church
A Grade II Listed Building in Treuddyn, Flintshire
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building.
In some locations, Street View may not
give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.1146 / 53°6'52"N
Longitude: -3.116 / 3°6'57"W
OS Eastings: 325397
OS Northings: 358069
OS Grid: SJ253580
Mapcode National: GBR 70.7ZHM
Mapcode Global: WH77D.3ZF5
Entry Name: Sundial in the churchyard of St Mary's Church
Listing Date: 1 April 1998
Last Amended: 1 April 1998
Source ID: 19646
Building Class: Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Location: Located within the churchyard in the middle of the main axial approach to the south porch of the church.
Built-Up Area: Treuddyn
Traditional County: Flintshire
Sundial dated 1803 and therefore pre-dating the present church.
Elegant turned stone baluster-shaped pedestal on broached square base set on circular stone plinth with moulded cornice and neck bands. Modern metal dial. Date inscription of 1803.
Reasons for Listing
Listed as a good example of an early 19th century sundial and for group value with St Mary's church.
Other nearby listed buildings
The Old Hand Inn at Beaverbrook
The Old Hand Inn is situated in the garden of Beaverbrook and to the west of St.Mary's Church. Its rear wall forms part of the defining pathway between the churchyard and Ffordd-y-Llan.
St Mary's Church
St Mary's Church is located within its own graveyard on the south side of Ffordd-y-Bont and to the south-east of the village centre.
Treuddyn Village Stores
Prominently sited to the west of the Parish Church on the corner of a road which connects Ffordd-y-Bont to Ffordd-y-Llan in the centre of the village.
Treuddyn Lodge House
Located on the south side of Ffordd-y-Bont and set back from the road within its own grounds. Adjacent to Lodge Farm to which it was the former farmhouse. Situated some 1km from the centre of Treudd
The Jerusalem Chapel is located on the north side of Ffordd-y-Rhos 100m north of its junction with Ffordd-y-Gilrhos and set back slightly from the road behind a low brick wall with piers.
Former School Room at Jerusalem Chapel
The former school room is located immediately at right angles to the Jerusalem Chapel on Ffordd-y-Rhos, and within its curtilage.
Located on the north-west side of a lane which connects Ffordd Nercwys and Ffordd Carreg-y-Llech.
Road bridge over the River Terrig at the boundary between the Nercwys and Treuddyn Community Council areas.