This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.113 / 53°6'46"N
Longitude: -3.1273 / 3°7'38"W
OS Eastings: 324639
OS Northings: 357910
OS Grid: SJ246579
Mapcode National: GBR 70.7W9Q
Mapcode Global: WH77K.X0ZT
Entry Name: Jerusalem Chapel
Listing Date: 1 April 1998
Last Amended: 1 April 1998
Source ID: 19649
Building Class: Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Location: The Jerusalem Chapel is located on the north side of Ffordd-y-Rhos 100m north of its junction with Ffordd-y-Gilrhos and set back slightly from the road behind a low brick wall with piers.
Built-Up Area: Treuddyn
Traditional County: Flintshire
Welsh Calvinistic Methodist chapel originally built in 1820 and remodelled and refronted in 1867.
Welsh Calvinistic Methodist gable-fronted chapel constructed originally of limestone under a slate roof. Principle facade re-built in diaper-pattern red and blue brick, typical of the region, and with stone dressings including quoins. The main front is given pediment treatment by a band course at eaves level. Pair of tall central windows flanked by doorways, all openings having dressed stone round-arched heads with keystones and imposts; the glazing has been renewed but the panelled double-doors are retained. Inscribed central plaque. Large 15-pane sash windows to 3-bay side elevations. Attached to the left side is the 2-storey former minister's house.
Rectangular interior without gallery and with gently raked seating facing the classical wooden set fawr against the front wall; stairs to either side. Ornate plaster ceiling rose.
Listed its special interest as a C19 non-conformist chapel retaining historic character.
Group value with the adjacent former school-room.
Other nearby listed buildings