Pont Melin Bodowyr
A Grade II Listed Building in Llanidan, Isle of Anglesey
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building.
In some locations, Street View may not
give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.1887 / 53°11'19"N
Longitude: -4.2925 / 4°17'32"W
OS Eastings: 246925
OS Northings: 368188
OS Grid: SH469681
Mapcode National: GBR 5H.31RP
Mapcode Global: WH437.137T
Entry Name: Pont Melin Bodowyr
Listing Date: 20 May 1998
Last Amended: 20 May 1998
Source ID: 19887
Building Class: Transport
Location: Located c2 km NE of Brynsiencyn, spanning an un-named river draining from Rhos y Llyn, immediately E of Melin Bodowyr.
County: Isle of Anglesey
Single span road bridge, rubble stone arch with hood mould. Rubble parapet with inset date stone bearing '1856' over 'H T'.
Reasons for Listing
Listed as a good example of a mid C19 single arch bridge, and for group value with Melin Bodowyr.
Other nearby listed buildings
Located to the S of Melin Bodowyr farmhouse, on the N side of an unmarked road between the farms of Llys Lew and Bodrida, c 2km NE of Brynsiencyn.
Capel Horeb Assembly rooms
Located to the left, and in the grounds of, Capel Horeb, set back slightly from the E side of the A4080 near the centre of Brysiencyn.
Located near the centre of Brynsiencyn, set back slightly from the E side of the A4080.
The former stables of Dinam
Dinam is located at the end of a private driveway off the SE side of the B4419, NE of Llangaffo and c800m NE of the Church of St Caffo. The former stables are c25m SE of the main house.
Wall of enclosed garden of Dinam and gateway
Dinam is located at the end of a private driveway off the SE side of the B4419, NE of Llangaffo and c800m NE of the Church of St Caffo. The enclosed garden lies directly N of the main house; the gate
Located on a side road on the E side of Brynsiencyn, abutting Rhon Capel (which is now a community centre). In front of the N side of the cottage is a small walled garden with a wrought iron gate.
Located on the E side of Brynsiencyn, c150m S of the junction with the A4080.