This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.8243 / 52°49'27"N
Longitude: -4.6557 / 4°39'20"W
OS Eastings: 221162
OS Northings: 328496
OS Grid: SH211284
Mapcode National: GBR 50.V3J2
Mapcode Global: WH33N.G87P
Entry Name: Bodwyddog Bach
Listing Date: 26 June 1998
Last Amended: 26 June 1998
Source ID: 20016
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated down track NW of road to Penycaerau from Meillionydd Mawr, some 400m SW of crossroads with road to Rhiw.
Traditional County: Caernarfonshire
Earlier to mid C19 farmhouse with outbuildings in line, marked on 1844 Llanfaelrhys Tithe Map as owned by the Penrhyn estate, occupied by William Parry, with 11 acres (4.5ha).
Farmhouse, rubble stone with slate roof and two stone stacks with dripstones, one stack on left end, one on ridge between house and outbuilding, possibly former small barn. Coped end gables. Two-storey, double-fronted house with 2 x 4-pane windows each floor, the upper ones under eaves, the lower ones each side of door. Slab lintels to ground floor openings. Facade is offset to right. Outbuilding to right is added, with straight joint, and is of equal height, with one door under slab lintel. Further right is long single storey range with asbestos sheet roof and 3 doors, probably former cow-house. To left of house is lower 2-storey range, set back with door in angle to house end wall and one window range to left, C20 square window below, small 6-pane window under eaves. Roof of small graded slates and stone S end stack.
Included as a little altered traditional small farmstead with house and outbuildings forming a single range.
Other nearby listed buildings