This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.8265 / 52°49'35"N
Longitude: -4.6225 / 4°37'20"W
OS Eastings: 223409
OS Northings: 328667
OS Grid: SH234286
Mapcode National: GBR 51.TZJP
Mapcode Global: WH33N.Z60Y
Entry Name: Outbuilding NE of Old Rectory
Listing Date: 26 June 1998
Last Amended: 26 June 1998
Source ID: 20018
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated parallel to NE side of the Old Rectory.
Traditional County: Caernarfonshire
Range of outbuildings, perhaps the glebe house barn described in terrier of 1762, perhaps rebuilt in late C18 to early C19 as stables. Marked on 1842 Rhiw Tithe Map.
Outbuilding, rubble stone with roofs of small slates. Single storey. Upper end to right has slightly higher roof and one door with slab lintel. Longer lower range has door to centre and door to extreme right, suggesting that this part is added. Slab lintels, stable doors. At left end is projecting short range with low roof of unequal pitches and broad double doors in end wall. Rear SW has door into upper end building.
Included for group value with the Old Rectory, and as a good range of traditional stables and outbuildings.
Other nearby listed buildings