This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.9325 / 52°55'56"N
Longitude: -3.0388 / 3°2'19"W
OS Eastings: 330273
OS Northings: 337733
OS Grid: SJ302377
Mapcode National: GBR 74.M6BG
Mapcode Global: WH89J.9K68
Entry Name: Arbour within Brynkinallt Park
Listing Date: 29 July 1998
Last Amended: 29 July 1998
Source ID: 20232
Building Class: Gardens, Parks and Urban Spaces
Location: The arbour is located on the ascending driveway from Lady's Bridge to Brynkinallt Hall, with a dramatic view over the narrow valley of the Afon Ceiriog.
Community: Chirk (Y Waun)
Traditional County: Denbighshire
The arbour, one of two originally erected in the park, probably dates from the re-landscaping of Brynkinallt Park undertaken by 1808, at the behest of Charlotte, Countess of Dungannon.
The arbour is in the form of a wide shallow semi-dome set on end, its front margin formed by a triple shafted moulding of stone springing from very low-set capitals each side and forming a slightly pointed arch. The interior is plastered, and contains a curved seat. In front, there are low wing walls either side, set in a reversed curve, the coping sloping down to coped square piers.
Included as a built feature of the landscaping scheme carried out at the beginning of the C19, and one of unusual form. An element in the Grade II* garden included in the National Gardens Register for Wales
Other nearby listed buildings