This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9245 / 51°55'28"N
Longitude: -3.284 / 3°17'2"W
OS Eastings: 311799
OS Northings: 225886
OS Grid: SO117258
Mapcode National: GBR YT.NXQT
Mapcode Global: VH6C1.1W7K
Entry Name: Ysgubor Newydd
Listing Date: 21 August 1998
Last Amended: 21 August 1998
Source ID: 20287
Building Class: Agriculture and Subsistence
Location: On rising ground above the lane linking Pennorth and Llangasty, SW of Ty Mawr.
Community: Llangors (Llan-gors)
Traditional County: Brecknockshire
Probably early C19. Adjacent Ty Mawr was part of what became Treholford Estate which was part of the Buckland Estate and Tithe Apportionment 1840 names owner as Holford. Now part of Treberfydd Estate which was developed mid C19. Shown as large rectangular building on Tithe Map 1840 and as L shaped on first edition OS map 1887, the lean-to cattle shed to rear being a later addition as confirmed by the straight joint.
Long rectangular barn of stone rubble with some dressed stone dressings and corrugated roof; lean-to stone rubble extension to rear. Seven bays with symmetrical central opposing double plank doors; 3 tiers of ventilation slits to side and 5 at gable ends; separate door to lean-to cattle shed uses for its right jamb the former left E gable end wall.
Roof of pegged trusses with tie beam and collar and 3 rows of trenched purlins. The splays of the ventilation slits have sharp arises.
Included as a large and finely built estate barn.
Other nearby listed buildings