This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.0726 / 53°4'21"N
Longitude: -4.3078 / 4°18'28"W
OS Eastings: 245486
OS Northings: 355308
OS Grid: SH454553
Mapcode National: GBR 5G.BJ1F
Mapcode Global: WH43S.S1V9
Entry Name: Stone Bridge to west of Watermill
Listing Date: 8 September 1998
Last Amended: 30 September 1999
Source ID: 20445
Building Class: Gardens, Parks and Urban Spaces
Location: Spanning the Afon Llifon immediately adjacent to the watermill. Carries track from main west drive into yard behind mill. Attached to the L-shaped range adjoining the watermill to west.
Traditional County: Caernarfonshire
Part of the mid C19 development of the Glynllifon estate by the 3rd Lord Newborough.
Glynllifon was the seat of the Wynn family and Sir Thomas John Wynn became the 1st Lord Newborough in 1776. The house was rebuilt after a fire 1836-48 by Edward Haycock, architect of Shrewsbury.
Small low arched coursed stone bridge with parapets and dressed stone coping. End piers are capped by massive slate slabs. Voussoirs and regulating course to arch.
Included for group value with neighbouring listed items at Glynllifon.
Other nearby listed buildings