This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.0786 / 53°4'42"N
Longitude: -4.2949 / 4°17'41"W
OS Eastings: 246370
OS Northings: 355942
OS Grid: SH463559
Mapcode National: GBR 5H.B14S
Mapcode Global: WH43M.0W29
Entry Name: High Bridge carrying road over East Drive and Afon Llifon
Listing Date: 8 September 1998
Last Amended: 30 September 1999
Source ID: 20483
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated at the north-east end of the Llifon dingle approximately 1km from the house; carries a farm road over the river and east drive on its east bank.
Traditional County: Caernarfonshire
Mid C19 bridge possibly contemporary with the 3rd Lord Newborough's work on the house and grounds. Built to link the estate farm to farm land and animal shelters.
Glynllifon was the seat of the Wynn family and Sir Thomas John Wynn became the 1st Lord Newborough in 1776. The house was rebuilt after a fire 1836-48 by Edward Haycock, architect of Shrewsbury. Influence for some of the garden features came from the family’s grand tours.
Tall single arched rubble bridge with regulating course, voussoirs, keystones and abutments. Broad arch spans river and former east drive on the east bank.
Included for group value with other listed items within this especially fine C19 park.
Other nearby listed buildings