This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.0732 / 53°4'23"N
Longitude: -4.3057 / 4°18'20"W
OS Eastings: 245632
OS Northings: 355368
OS Grid: SH456553
Mapcode National: GBR 5G.BJJL
Mapcode Global: WH43S.T0WV
Entry Name: Fountain near south-west corner of Glynllifon House
Listing Date: 8 September 1998
Last Amended: 30 September 1999
Source ID: 20498
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated close to the south-west corner of the house, concealed by a bush.
Traditional County: Caernarfonshire
Possibly contemporary with the improvements made by the 2nd Lord Newborough, before 1832, to the grounds in front of the predecessor to the present house. Alternatively relates to the rebuilding of the house c1840.
Glynllifon was the seat of the Wynn family and Sir Thomas John Wynn became the 1st Lord Newborough in 1776. The house was rebuilt after a fire 1836-48 by Edward Haycock, architect of Shrewsbury.
Circular brick-lined pool with central fountain composed of a scalloped bowl on fluted base mounted on a pierced brick plinth; stone border.
Included for group value with other listed items in the immediate surroundings of the house.
Other nearby listed buildings