This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.0742 / 53°4'27"N
Longitude: -4.3034 / 4°18'12"W
OS Eastings: 245784
OS Northings: 355481
OS Grid: SH457554
Mapcode National: GBR 5G.BC31
Mapcode Global: WH43L.VZXL
Entry Name: Fountain pool including iron pipe in Coed y Terrace wood south-west of the Farm
Listing Date: 8 September 1998
Last Amended: 30 September 1999
Source ID: 20503
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated in the woodland south-west of the College Farm and north-east of the house. Reached from the former east drive.
Traditional County: Caernarfonshire
Possibly part of the 3rd Lord Newborough's improvements c1840 contemporary with the rebuilding of the house. Although now overgrown this area a main part of the pleasure grounds with a network of paths.
Glynllifon was the seat of the Wynn family and Sir Thomas John Wynn became the 1st Lord Newborough in 1776. The house was rebuilt after a fire 1836-48 by Edward Haycock, architect of Shrewsbury.
Large oval-shaped pool, brick-lined with stone edging. At east end is a tall (?5m high) cast-iron post with launder at the top emptying water down into the pool.
Included as one of the many water features in the well-preserved C19 park and pleasure grounds at Glynllifon.
Other nearby listed buildings