This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.9026 / 51°54'9"N
Longitude: -3.7811 / 3°46'51"W
OS Eastings: 277558
OS Northings: 224170
OS Grid: SN775241
Mapcode National: GBR Y5.Q6RQ
Mapcode Global: VH5FH.DFYT
Entry Name: Cwmsawdde
Listing Date: 10 November 1998
Last Amended: 10 November 1998
Source ID: 20820
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated some 400m S of the parish church, on E side of lane to Blaensawdde.
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
Farmhouse, probably rebuilt in earlier C19 though site is recorded much earlier. Marked on 1841 Tithe map as owned by David Jenkins, occupied by Rees Davies with 35 acres ( 14.2ha).
Farmhouse, whitened rubble stone, with slate roof and end stacks, larger to left, both with capstones and dripstones. Two-storey, three-window range much offset to right, such that door is well right of centre. C20 added matching window each floor to left. Windows are 12-pane sashes with stone voussoirs, door has similar voussoirs. Loft light in left end gable. Attached former outbuilding on left end has end wall rebuilt in cement block. Window and door to front.
Centre staircase, small parlour to right, large room to left with timber-lintel fireplace. Former dairy in rear outshut.
Included as a good example of a traditional farmhouse of the later C18 to early C19, of group value with the range of outbuildings.
Other nearby listed buildings