This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8566 / 51°51'23"N
Longitude: -3.1046 / 3°6'16"W
OS Eastings: 324020
OS Northings: 218131
OS Grid: SO240181
Mapcode National: GBR F2.T6JL
Mapcode Global: VH78Z.4LKL
Entry Name: Pair of Parry family tombs in churchyard of St Cenau, Llangenny
Listing Date: 19 November 1998
Last Amended: 19 November 1998
Source ID: 20838
Building Class: Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Location: On the S side of the church.
Community: The Vale of Grwyney (Cwm Grwyne)
Community: The Vale of Grwyney
Traditional County: Brecknockshire
The southern tomb is early C19 and made by John Pritchard of Clydach (engraved on base). The northern tomb is mid C19 and commemorates sons of William and Sarah Parry of Glangrwyne, owners of a paper mill there.
The southern tomb is a table tomb with fluted angle pilasters flanking engraved tablets, and with saddleback capstone. On its N side is a commemorative inscription to Walter Parry (d. 1824), on its S side is an added inscription to Magdalen Parry (d.1844) and on its W side is an added insciption to Walter Davies (d.1825).
The northern tomb is a stone tomb chest on squat splayed legs. The sides are splayed outwards to a saddleback capstone. On the N side is a commemorative inscription to John Lewis Parry (d. 1856), on the shorter W side to Walter Thomas Parry (d. 1838).
Included for group value with the church and other associated listed items.
Other nearby listed buildings