This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8753 / 51°52'31"N
Longitude: -3.9939 / 3°59'37"W
OS Eastings: 262839
OS Northings: 221514
OS Grid: SN628215
Mapcode National: GBR DW.S1YT
Mapcode Global: VH4J3.Q4G7
Entry Name: Tregib Arms
Listing Date: 24 November 1998
Last Amended: 24 November 1998
Source ID: 20903
Building Class: Commercial
Location: Situated in the centre of Ffairfach on W side of A 483, just N of crossroads.
Community: Cyngor Bro Dyffryn Cennen (Dyffryn Cennen)
Community: Cyngor Bro Dyffryn Cennen
Built-Up Area: Ffairfach
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
Earlier to mid C19 three-storey inn by main approach to Llandeilo Bridge, presumably built for the custom from the turnpike road. Marked on the 1841 Tithe Map as owned by John Gwynne of Tregib, occupied by William Marsden, with 10.94 hectares.
Inn, painted roughcast with stucco dressings. Slate roof and roughcast end stacks. Three-storey, 3-window range with small modillion eaves cornice, horned 4-pane sashes (square to upper floor) and centre 6-panel door in mid C19 classical surround. Surround has pilasters with facetted blocks to pedestals, frieze, cornice with modillions and rosettes, and top ridged blocking course. Stuccoed panel between upper floors 'Tregeyb Arms'. Blank N end wall. Two-storey service wing to S has one plate glass sash each floor and roughcast S end stack. Rear has one centre first floor stair light. Lean-tos on ground floor.
Centre hall, bar to S with 6-panel door.
Included as an unusually large turnpike road inn, late Georgian in style, prominently set on the approach to Llandeilo Bridge.
Other nearby listed buildings