This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.148 / 53°8'52"N
Longitude: -3.4991 / 3°29'56"W
OS Eastings: 299835
OS Northings: 362253
OS Grid: SH998622
Mapcode National: GBR 6J.5NHZ
Mapcode Global: WH662.740J
Entry Name: Former Stable at Waen Presbyterian Chapel
Listing Date: 15 December 1998
Last Amended: 15 December 1998
Source ID: 20985
Building Class: Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Location: On the roadside immediately to the W of Waen Presbyterian Chapel, and with the chapel graveyard to its R and rear; adjoining the rubble cemetry wall to the W. The building is set gable-end into the s
Traditional County: Denbighshire
Small stable block built c1811 to serve the original chapel and retained when this was remodelled in 1862.
Rectangular stable block of rubble construction (partly-whitened) under a corrugated iron roof. The front gable, facing the road, has a segmentally-arched entrance to the R with boarded door and renewed wooden frame. A further segmental opening, in the upper gable, is blocked. The R (E) side has a small square light to the L, with timber lintel and frame; 2 vertical ventilation slits to the loft floor. The rear gable has an upper entrance with boarded door and wooden frame.
Single bay interior with boarded loft; roughly-scantled purlins.
Listed for its special interest as an early C19 stable associated with the adjacent chapel.
Group value with other listed items at Waen.
Other nearby listed buildings