This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8894 / 51°53'22"N
Longitude: -3.2615 / 3°15'41"W
OS Eastings: 313279
OS Northings: 221962
OS Grid: SO132219
Mapcode National: GBR YV.R3MG
Mapcode Global: VH6C7.FR4X
Entry Name: Pigsty at Buckland Farm
Listing Date: 17 December 1998
Last Amended: 17 December 1998
Source ID: 21209
Building Class: Agriculture and Subsistence
Location: At the rear of the farmyard at right angles to the barn and granary. Buckland Farm is situated near the main park entrance to N of the house.
Community: Talybont-on-Usk (Tal-y-bont ar Wysg)
Traditional County: Brecknockshire
Part of the mid to later C19 model farm complex, shown on the OS map 1889.
The farmhouse is C16-C17 in origin, remodelled later, particularly mid to later C19 as part of a model farm development. Previously called Wern y Berllan and appears as such and T- shaped on Tithe map of 1841, together with a farm range mainly to rear which pre-dates the expansion. OS map 1889 shows development complete. Buckland House later Hall nearby was first recorded as a Jacobean mansion c 1600 and was rebuilt for Roderick Gwynne c 1775. From mid C19 until its sale in 1935 Buckland was the property of the Gwynne Holford family. The house was rebuilt following a fire in 1898.
A long range of snecked stone rubble with tooled stone dressings; corrugated roof. Wall is blank to rear and has bays with doorways to brick walled yards to front; loft window in gable end.
Included as part of the model farm complex for group value with other farm buildings at Buckland Farm, especially the barn and granary.
Other nearby listed buildings