This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0532 / 52°3'11"N
Longitude: -3.7313 / 3°43'52"W
OS Eastings: 281385
OS Northings: 240834
OS Grid: SN813408
Mapcode National: GBR Y7.DT97
Mapcode Global: VH5DR.8NSD
Entry Name: Pantyrhedyn
Listing Date: 25 February 1999
Last Amended: 25 February 1999
Source ID: 21399
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated NE of Cynghordy village on a track running N off the A483.
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
Farmhouse probably early C19. Marked on 1841 Tithe map as part of the Pantyrhedyn and Clynboidy holding owned by Thomas Protheroe Price, occupied by Richard Shutt.
Farmhouse, whitewashed roughcast with slate roof and whitewashed roughcast end stacks with dripstones. Two-storey, three-window range of 12-pane hornless sashes offset to right. Centre first floor has late C19 sash with marginal bars. Stone sills, centre door. Service wing set back in line to left with squat end stack, 4-pane sash over casement pair to left, door to right. Full width 2-storey outshut to rear.
Centre stair plan, dog-leg staircase with square newels and moulded rail right up to attic. Ground floor left large fireplace with timber lintel. Three pegged collar trusses to roof, tie-beams visible in rooms below. Service wing has pine collar truss. Plank doors, boarding to under-stairs.
Included as an early C19 farmhouse of minor gentry type in the Georgian tradition, retaining original character including surviving interior detail.
Other nearby listed buildings