This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0886 / 52°5'18"N
Longitude: -3.7991 / 3°47'56"W
OS Eastings: 276832
OS Northings: 244887
OS Grid: SN768448
Mapcode National: GBR Y4.BG9T
Mapcode Global: VH5DJ.3RFR
Entry Name: Broncwrt
Listing Date: 25 February 1999
Last Amended: 25 February 1999
Source ID: 21403
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated some 600m NW of Nant-y-Bai, to the left of the road leading to Llyn Brianne. Stone walled farmyard to right of house, with L-shaped farm ranges.
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
Mid C19 farmhouse, rebuilt after 1841 as it is marked on a different site on the Tithe map, when it was owned by Lord Cawdor, occupied by Thomas James. The house bears some resemblance in overhanging gable verges and small-paned windows to other Cawdor estate farms, for example Dugoedydd.
Farmhouse, rubble stone with slate roof and stone end stacks, including to rear wing. Roof overhangs at gables with verge brackets. Two-storey, three-window range of 12-panehhorned sashes with stone voussoirs to heads and painted slate sills. Half-glazed centre door with 5-pane overlight in slated porch with roughcast piers. E end wall has window each floor and NE rear wing has window each floor and door to left, all windows 12-pane.
Not accessible on resurvey.
Listed as a good example of a mid-C19 estate farmhouse with windows still in the late Georgian style, and retaining original external detail including small paned sashes.
Other nearby listed buildings