This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.1922 / 53°11'31"N
Longitude: -3.6857 / 3°41'8"W
OS Eastings: 287470
OS Northings: 367452
OS Grid: SH874674
Mapcode National: GBR 68.2Z0P
Mapcode Global: WH65S.C143
Entry Name: Siop Ucha
Listing Date: 17 March 1999
Last Amended: 17 March 1999
Source ID: 21473
Building Class: Commercial
Location: In the centre of Llangernyw on the S side of the minor road leading W from the village.
Traditional County: Denbighshire
Probably built in the early C19, the building appears on the 1840 tithe map in the ownership of Samuel Sandbach of Hafodunos.
End of terrace two storey vernacular house with gabled rear addition at right angles to terrace. Front elevation facing N. Three 8/12 cast iron windows with fine glazing bars and centre-pivoted top lights to first floor; one 12/12 cast iron window of similar design on ground floor and a timber shop window subdivided into 8-panes. Nailed and boarded front door. Bracketed timber canopy with gable truss and slate roof above doorway.
Interior not accessible for inspection at time of resurvey.
Included as part of a row of C19 estate owned cottages retaining architectural integrity, with features of architectural and historic interest, occupying a prominent location in the village centre, and for group value with St Digain's church and Lychgate.
Other nearby listed buildings