This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.9013 / 51°54'4"N
Longitude: -4.9725 / 4°58'21"W
OS Eastings: 195598
OS Northings: 226709
OS Grid: SM955267
Mapcode National: GBR CK.QK7P
Mapcode Global: VH1R0.RGLS
Entry Name: Glenview
Listing Date: 7 May 1999
Last Amended: 7 August 2002
Source ID: 21639
Building Class: Domestic
Location: About 100m W of A40, facing S on lane to W of village green.
Community: Wolfscastle (Cas-blaidd)
Traditional County: Pembrokeshire
Village house of earlier C19. On St Dogwell's Tithe Map of 1846, but not on Bishop of St David's Map of 1815. Extended to L in 2 phases, C19 and C20. The building belonged to the Sealyham Estate (as part of Lordship farm).
House, greywashed roughcast with grouted slate close-eaved roof and brick end stacks. Two storeys, double fronted with centre half-glazed door and 4-pane sashes each side, narrow sashes to first floor, wider below. Roughcast is smoothed in bands under eaves and at first floor, and around windows and door. Door surround has a pebble-inlaid keystone. Raised lozenge-pattern plaque between upper windows. Loft window in right end wall. No outshut to rear. Single storey range to left extended in earlier to mid C20, roughcast with asbestos sheet roof and red brick ridge stack. One 16-pane sash to right, C20 pair of metal windows with door between to left and metal window in end wall.
House front garden is enclosed in whitewashed roughcast wall with rough stone coping and 4 rendered piers with pyramid caps.
Included as a smaller vernacular house of traditional type retaining its overall character.
Other nearby listed buildings