This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8613 / 51°51'40"N
Longitude: -4.1302 / 4°7'48"W
OS Eastings: 253411
OS Northings: 220225
OS Grid: SN534202
Mapcode National: GBR DP.SXWX
Mapcode Global: VH4J1.CGDZ
Entry Name: Milestone opposite to Llanarthney Church
Listing Date: 19 May 1999
Last Amended: 19 May 1999
Source ID: 21742
Building Class: Transport
Location: In Llanarthney village, immediately opposite to the lychgate of the parish church. It is behind a fence and heavily overgrown with ivy.
Community: Llanarthney (Llanarthne)
Locality: Llanarthney village
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
The road through Llanarthney to Carmarthen was part of the Three Commotts Turnpike Trust system established in the late C18.
Late C18 milestone of limestone the face of which is obscured but which is assumed to bear the lettering: "FROM / Carmarthen / 8 Miles / TO / LLandilo / 6 ¾." The stone is about 800mm high by about 350mm wide.
Listed as a late-C18 milestone of characteristic local type.
Other nearby listed buildings