This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.1108 / 53°6'38"N
Longitude: -4.2061 / 4°12'21"W
OS Eastings: 252432
OS Northings: 359342
OS Grid: SH524593
Mapcode National: GBR 5L.84R7
Mapcode Global: WH54S.C2CJ
Entry Name: Cae Glas
Listing Date: 21 July 1999
Last Amended: 17 July 2001
Source ID: 22036
Building Class: Agriculture and Subsistence
Location: Former farmhouse and farm buildings occupying a prominent roadside position in a roughly rectangular rubble-walled field enclosure (partly replaced by a fence to south-west boundary) on south-west sid
Built-Up Area: Waunfawr
Traditional County: Caernarfonshire
Originally a small farmstead of early-mid C19 date; the single-storey farmhouse which fronts the group was converted to a garage in the 1960s.
Roughly L-shaped range of buildings comprising former farmhouse facing the road with stables in parallel to its rear, and threshing barn corner-to-corner to the rear of the stable range at the SE. Small detached outbuilding to SW. Roughly coursed rubblestone throughout, with slate roofs. Building to roadside is former farmhouse. Single storeyed (probably lofted), with rear outshut; integral stacks at each gable end, with brick shafts. Inserted garage doors to left, and boarded door to right. Small loft light in right-hand gable return. Stable range in parallel to rear is also lofted and has boarded door to upper and lower level in each gable end, with window alongside each lower doorway. Lower parallel gabled range attached to rear. Threshing barn has wide opposing doorways in each long wall, flanked by 2 ventilation slits to each side. Loft opening in left gable end.
Interior not accessible at time of Survey.
Included as a good mid-C19 traditional farmstead group, retaining strong vernacular character, expecially in the virtually unaltered farm buildings. The group occupies a prominent position in the village street scene.
Other nearby listed buildings