This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9658 / 51°57'56"N
Longitude: -3.8985 / 3°53'54"W
OS Eastings: 269662
OS Northings: 231404
OS Grid: SN696314
Mapcode National: GBR Y0.L7MC
Mapcode Global: VH4HL.CVVD
Entry Name: Fountain House
Listing Date: 29 July 1999
Last Amended: 29 July 1999
Source ID: 22114
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated some 100m E of churchyard, on S side of narrow lane.
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
Earlier C19 village house in late Georgian style. Marked on 1839 Tithe Map as owned by David Thomas, occupied by Benjamin Williams. It had an added outshut to rear, removed in late C20 as derelict.
House, whitewashed rubble stone with slate roof and rendered end stacks, larger stack to right. Two-storey, 3-window range, offset to left. Original 12-pane small sashes above, late C19 4-pane sashes below, centre boarded door. Stone voussoirs, stone sills. Rendering to N end in gable and to W rear wall, both windowless. Outshut removed. Small single storey outbuilding to left.
Included as a good example of a village house in late Georgian style, little altered.
Other nearby listed buildings