This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.9729 / 51°58'22"N
Longitude: -3.8988 / 3°53'55"W
OS Eastings: 269663
OS Northings: 232191
OS Grid: SN696321
Mapcode National: GBR Y0.KTT3
Mapcode Global: VH4HL.CNPZ
Entry Name: Pengwar-neuadd
Listing Date: 29 July 1999
Last Amended: 29 July 1999
Source ID: 22127
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated some 700m N of the village centre of Llansadwrn, on W side of lane to Cefn.
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
Mid C19 farmhouse, marked on 1839 Tithe Map as owned and occupied by David Williams, with 29 acres (11.7 hectares), possibly rebuilt after 1839.
Farmhouse, random rubble stone with slate roof and small rendered end stacks. Two-storey, three-window range of 12-pane horned sashes with painted stone voussoirs and painted stone sills, centre late C20 plastic door, stone voussoirs. Flat eaves with paired minimal brackets. Grey limestone cornerstones. Rubble stone right end wall with corrugated iron lean-to.
Rear has 2-storey, 3-window range of 12-pane sashes, yellow-brick heads above, stone voussoirs below, centre plastic door and window to left also replaced in plastic.
Included as a good example of a traditional farmhouse still in late Georgian style.
Other nearby listed buildings