This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.8185 / 51°49'6"N
Longitude: -3.9754 / 3°58'31"W
OS Eastings: 263937
OS Northings: 215162
OS Grid: SN639151
Mapcode National: GBR DX.WLJP
Mapcode Global: VH4JB.1KQ9
Entry Name: Glynhir Pigsties
Listing Date: 27 August 1999
Last Amended: 27 August 1999
Source ID: 22224
Building Class: Agriculture and Subsistence
Location: At the west side of Glynhir farmyard. Fragments of low wall at front against farmyard access, formerly enclosing a paddock.
Community: Llandybie (Llandybïe)
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
Pigsties and sheds probably added to Glynhir as one of the improvements following the acquisition of Glynhir by Peter DuBuisson in 1770.
A set of six sties, the sty to the north being a little larger than the others. Local sandstone rubble masonry, with some yellow brick at eaves. Slate roof. One feeding chute survives. Taller sheds with their gables to the front terminate the row at each end.
In front of the sties is a pitched-stone apron, with an open drain at the outer edge, and a circular well, of about 3 m diameter, filled.
Listed for group value as one of an exceptionally complete series of estate buildings at Glynhir.
Other nearby listed buildings