This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.956 / 51°57'21"N
Longitude: -3.7874 / 3°47'14"W
OS Eastings: 277269
OS Northings: 230120
OS Grid: SN772301
Mapcode National: GBR Y4.LZ27
Mapcode Global: VH5F9.93LC
Entry Name: Bailey Glas
Listing Date: 30 September 1999
Last Amended: 30 September 1999
Source ID: 22394
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated in middle of middle terrace E of Myddfai church, stepped down from Ty'r Graig and up from Ger y Llan.
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
Terraced village house, in middle of stepped group of three of roughly similar scale, so possibly of same date. A row of cottages owned by the Llwynywormwood estate is marked on the site on the 1839 Tithe Map, and this may be the second, occupied by Benjamin Davies, but the scale suggests that they were rebuilt after 1839.
Ty'r Graig above is also double fronted, but Geryllan below has paired door and window and may have been a pair. The C20 stucco work with scrolls also appears on Bryn Helyg in the terrace above.
Terraced house, painted roughcast and stucco dressings, slate close-eaved roof, roughcast right hand stack (left stack probably shared with Ty'r Graig). Two storeys, double fronted, horned sashes with marginal bars, C20 door. Decorative stucco probably early C20. Plinth. Angle piers panelled with pebbledash, raised panel at lower level, sunk panel at upper level. Shouldered window surrounds with raised motifs, strips each side, circles at upper corners and lozenge in centre. Doorcase with raised pebbledash panels each side, round bosses at upper angles, lozenge centre and opposed scrolls above. First floor centre framed circular pebbledash panel with round bosses to centre and to frame. Small lozenge above.
Not available for inspection.
Included as part of a consistent terrace of three houses, characteristic of Myddfai village, and part of a group with the church and other houses. The terrace retains good village vernacular character and detail, unusual in the region. The consistency and coherence of the group in terms of plan scale and detail gives these houses their special interest.
Other nearby listed buildings