This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.2343 / 53°14'3"N
Longitude: -3.2721 / 3°16'19"W
OS Eastings: 315189
OS Northings: 371557
OS Grid: SJ151715
Mapcode National: GBR 6T.09N0
Mapcode Global: WH76Q.QY2Y
Entry Name: School House, including forecourt railings
Listing Date: 26 November 1999
Last Amended: 31 January 2001
Source ID: 22670
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Attached to the W side of the Community Hall, which is at main village crossroads, about 100m NW of St Mary's Church.
Traditional County: Flintshire
The adjacent school was built in 1817 but the School House bears the date 1851 and was built in conjunction with the enlargement of the school by John Lloyd.
A 2-storey house of grey rubble stone with larger quoins to L, and a slate roof with brick stack to the L. A single 4-pane horned sash window with stone sill is in each storey, and with wedge lintel in the lower storey. Between the windows is a datestone. To the R is a flat-roofed stone porch over the entrance doorway. To the L, set back, is a block in a similar style, with brick stack to the L, and a single small-pane ground floor window. The rear retains a 16-pane horned sash window on the upper floor. The other windows are now casements. To the front are contemporary iron railings with spear finials, and stone gatepiers with iron gate.
Listed as a well-preserved school house forming a prominent group with the attached Community Hall and for group value with other listed items in the centre of Ysceifiog.
Other nearby listed buildings