This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.1596 / 53°9'34"N
Longitude: -3.3759 / 3°22'33"W
OS Eastings: 308097
OS Northings: 363381
OS Grid: SJ080633
Mapcode National: GBR 6P.4VVV
Mapcode Global: WH772.3VP4
Entry Name: Sheds to the rear of the Almshouses, including associated Gates and Gatepiers
Listing Date: 29 November 1999
Last Amended: 29 November 1999
Source ID: 22681
Building Class: Agriculture and Subsistence
Location: Located immediately to the rear of the almshouses.
Community: Llanrhaeadr yng Nghinmeirch
Traditional County: Denbighshire
Early C19 sheds with incorporated Ty Bach, erected to serve the almshouse complex of 1729, probably during repairs and alterations carried out by Lord Bagot of Blifthfield in 1820.
Two single storey shed blocks joined centrally by a pair of contemporary gates and gatepiers. The shed blocks are of whitened rubble construction with mono-pitch slate roofs. Each has 4 plain boarded entrances to the front and a segmentally-arched stone Ty Bach entrance to the L and R ends of the L and R blocks respectively. Between the two are a pair of plain stone gatepiers with contemporary wrought iron half-gates; these have scrolled ends, serpentine top rail and plain railings. The gates lead to the rear gardens belonging to the almshouses.
Listed for its special interest as an early C19 shed range associated with the Llanrhaeadr almshouses.
Group value with other listed items at the almshouses and St Dyfnog's Church.
Other nearby listed buildings