Sundial at the Church of St Llechid
A Grade II Listed Building in Llanllechid, Gwynedd
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building.
In some locations, Street View may not
give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.1972 / 53°11'49"N
Longitude: -4.0644 / 4°3'52"W
OS Eastings: 262187
OS Northings: 368667
OS Grid: SH621686
Mapcode National: GBR 5S.2P4D
Mapcode Global: WH548.JWRV
Entry Name: Sundial at the Church of St Llechid
Listing Date: 9 March 2000
Last Amended: 9 March 2000
Source ID: 22941
Building Class: Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Location: Situated immediately to the south of the south-west corner of the nave of the Church of St Llechid.
Traditional County: Caernarfonshire
Sundial dated 1795.
Slate top slab with bevelled edge on square pedestal with moulded and chamfered plinth and moulded capping, the whole constructed of very finely cut and jointed slate slabs. Top slab with painted replacement gnomon has flowers inscribed to corners and inscription "Lat. 53 degrees 20/ Robt. Prichard, Willm. Pierce} Wardens 1795/ N. Wilson fecit".
Reasons for Listing
Included as an unusually well-detailed late C18 sundial; strong group value with the Church of St Llechid.
Other nearby listed buildings
Church of St Llechid
Located in village in long rectangular churchyard boarded by rubblestone wall with stone-on-edge cop
In the centre of the village at the southern end of a Y-road-junction; set into a corner beside a ru
Set on sharp bend on track running off the west side of the minor road between Bethesda and Tal-y-bo
Outbuildings at Pandy Newydd
Situated directly to the east of Pandy Newydd.
Situated in isolated rural position in wooded grounds reached by a long track running off the east s
Outbuildings in farm-court at Coetmor Farm
Situated about 1 km NNW of centre of Bethesda, just N of Coetmor Farmhouse, forming the E, N and W r
Barn at Coetmor Farm
Situated about 1 km NNW of centre of Bethesda, just N of Coetmor Farmhouse, forming the S range of a
Situated on NE side of Coetmor Road about 1 km NNW of centre of Bethesda.