This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.1903 / 53°11'25"N
Longitude: -4.1022 / 4°6'7"W
OS Eastings: 259643
OS Northings: 367975
OS Grid: SH596679
Mapcode National: GBR 5Q.35YQ
Mapcode Global: WH54F.Y2RL
Entry Name: No.1,,B 4409,Tyn lon,,,
Listing Date: 24 May 2000
Last Amended: 24 May 2000
Source ID: 23354
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated in roadside position on south side of B 4409 approximately 0.5km east of Felin-hen; low rubblestone wall in front with decorative iron gates.
Community: Llandygai (Llandygái)
Locality: Tyn lon
Traditional County: Caernarfonshire
Built c1850 as part of Edward Douglas-Pennant's considerable efforts to improve the Penrhyn Estate, to which he had succeeded in 1840. Colonel Douglas-Pennant first gave notice to his tenants of his intention to improve through his agent, James Wyatt's address "To the Farming Tenantry of the Penrhyn Estate", printed in 1843.
Interior not accessible at time of Survey.
Included as a pair of essentially unaltered mid-C19 small estate cottages of the simple 'vernacular revival' style particularly favoured by the Penrhyn Estate for its workers in the decades immediately after c1850.
Other nearby listed buildings