This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.2317 / 53°13'54"N
Longitude: -4.1106 / 4°6'38"W
OS Eastings: 259215
OS Northings: 372596
OS Grid: SH592725
Mapcode National: GBR 5Q.0HXM
Mapcode Global: WH547.T1QB
Entry Name: Hen Swyddfa'r Porthladd (Old Port Office)
Listing Date: 24 May 2000
Last Amended: 24 May 2000
Source ID: 23363
Building Class: Maritime
Location: Located approximately 20m to the south-west of Port House immediately to the north of Pont Penrhyn.
Community: Llandygai (Llandygái)
Locality: Porth Penrhyn
Built-Up Area: Bangor
Traditional County: Caernarfonshire
Probably built at about the same time as Port House, designed by Baxter, as part of the continuing development of Porth Penrhyn. A photograph of c1913 shows the building at the intersection of the Penrhyn Railway and the branch line opened in 1852 linking it with the Chester-Holyhead line; there is a small timber booth attached to the now blank west wall and a large ridge stack (now also gone) to the pedimented section.
Small single-storey building of rendered rubblestone or brick; hipped slate roof with deep eaves and pedimented section to west. East wall has boarded door to left and infilled window to right; multi-paned tripartite sash window in north wall; south and west walls blank except for plain cornice to pediment on latter.
Interior not accessible at time of Survey.
Included as an integral feature of the remarkable late C18 and C19 industrial port complex at Porth Penrhyn, the building has strong group value with the other structures here, in particular Port House and Pont Penrhyn.
Other nearby listed buildings