This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.2327 / 53°13'57"N
Longitude: -4.1112 / 4°6'40"W
OS Eastings: 259180
OS Northings: 372707
OS Grid: SH591727
Mapcode National: GBR 5Q.09SZ
Mapcode Global: WH547.T0GL
Entry Name: Dockmaster's Office
Listing Date: 24 May 2000
Last Amended: 24 May 2000
Source ID: 23364
Building Class: Maritime
Location: Located on the western quayside of New Dock at Porth Penrhyn towards it southern end.
Community: Llandygai (Llandygái)
Locality: Porth Penrhyn
Built-Up Area: Bangor
Traditional County: Caernarfonshire
Probably built c1860 as part of the continuing development of Porth Penrhyn, the building is still in its original use as harbour master's office.
Small single-storey building of tooled granite rubble blocks; hipped slate roof. Front (east) wall has wide tripartite horned sash window with stone lintel and cill roughly to centre; doorway on left. Right return has narrower tripartite sash window, also with stone lintel and cill; blank rear wall and left return, except for purple brick shaft to integral stack on former.
Included as an integral feature of the remarkable late C18 and C19 industrial port complex at Porth Penrhyn, the building has strong group value with the other structures here, in particular the Grade II* listed New Dock on the eastern quay of which it sits.
Other nearby listed buildings