This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.2065 / 53°12'23"N
Longitude: -4.0968 / 4°5'48"W
OS Eastings: 260057
OS Northings: 369763
OS Grid: SH600697
Mapcode National: GBR 5R.1TJR
Mapcode Global: WH548.1NFQ
Entry Name: ,1,,Lon Isaf,Glasinfryn, Bangor,,LL57 4AB
Listing Date: 24 May 2000
Last Amended: 19 May 2003
Source ID: 23384
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Located on west side of former London to Holyhead Road, which is now by-passed by the present A 5 and serves as a minor gated road between the A 5 and Llandygai; low rubblestone boundary wall with sto
Town: Glasinfryn, Bangor
Community: Llandygai (Llandygái)
Locality: Tyddyn Iolyn
Traditional County: Caernarfonshire
Built c1850 as part of Edward Douglas-Pennant''s considerable efforts to improve the Penrhyn Estate, to which he had succeeded in 1840. Colonel Douglas-Pennant first gave notice to his tenants of his intention to improve through his agent, James Wyatt''s address "To the Farming Tenantry of the Penrhyn Estate", printed in 1843.
Small 2-storey house of simple Tudor Gothic style. Painted rubblestone; slate roof with deep overhanging verges and carved purlin ends. Symmetrical front has 3-light 18-paned casements with strong mullions and slate cills flanking lean-to porch over central doorway; gabled eaves dormers have single-light casements with single horizontal glazing bars and slate cills; prominent integral end stacks have stone bases and paired and rebated purple brick shafts with moulded capping.
Interior not inspected at time of Survey.
Included as an essentially unaltered mid-C19 small estate house of the simple Tudor Gothic style much found in pattern books of the period and often favoured for rural estate buildings at this time, although not used that extensively on the Penrhyn Estate outside Llandygai itself.
Other nearby listed buildings