This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.1956 / 53°11'44"N
Longitude: -4.1019 / 4°6'6"W
OS Eastings: 259681
OS Northings: 368561
OS Grid: SH596685
Mapcode National: GBR 5R.2L2S
Mapcode Global: WH547.YYW2
Entry Name: Cororion
Listing Date: 24 May 2000
Last Amended: 24 May 2000
Source ID: 23397
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Located at end of track leading to the farmhouse from the minor road between Tyn lon and the A 5; low rubblestone wall with piers and decorative iron gates define garden on east; farmbuildings lie to
Town: Glasinfryn, Bangor
Community: Llandygai (Llandygái)
Traditional County: Caernarfonshire
The farmhouse and farmbuildings at Cororion were built by the Penrhyn Estate in the early 1890s to replace the old farmhouse of Bwthyn Cororion.
2-storey, T-plan building of snecked rubblestone with slate hanging on first floor; slate roof with boarded verges. North-west side, facing farmbuildings, has 3-light timber mullioned and transomed window to left on ground floor and C20 lean-to entrance porch (replacing C19 original) in angle with projecting gable to right, which has 4-light casement window on first floor and 3-light mullioned and transomed window on ground floor; long right return of this range has raking eaves dormer to centre directly above sash window on ground floor; 4-light casement on first floor and 3-light mullioned and transomed timber window to ground floor of left gable end of main range. Purple brick stacks are a prominent feature of the house, all with paired diagonal shafts and stepped capping, one to ridge of main range (to left of porch), one to centre of gabled range and another to gable end of its continuation to rear.
Interior retains original panelled doors.
Included as a late C19 farmhouse of characteristic late C19 Penrhyn Estate style, typified by its joinery detailing and use of snecked rubblestone and slate hanging. With its adjoining contemporary farmbuildings, it forms a particularly good example of the improvements still being made by the estate even during a period of national agricultural depression, in that the new farmhouse and farmbuildings replaced the directly adjoining and outmoded building of Bwthyn Cororion.
Other nearby listed buildings