This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.1903 / 53°11'25"N
Longitude: -4.0938 / 4°5'37"W
OS Eastings: 260202
OS Northings: 367964
OS Grid: SH602679
Mapcode National: GBR 5R.3202
Mapcode Global: WH54G.22TJ
Entry Name: Hafan
Listing Date: 24 May 2000
Last Amended: 24 May 2000
Source ID: 23477
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated in roadside position on south side of B 4409 approximately 0.5km east of Felin-hen; low rubblestone wall in front with decorative iron gates.
Community: Llandygai (Llandygái)
Locality: Tyn Ion
Built-Up Area: Tregarth
Traditional County: Caernarfonshire
Built c1850 as part of Edward Douglas-Pennant's considerable efforts to improve the Penrhyn Estate, to which he had succeeded in 1840. Colonel Douglas-Pennant first gave notice to his tenants of his intention to improve through his agent, James Wyatt's address "To the Farming Tenantry of the Penrhyn Estate", printed in 1843.
Interior not accessible at time of Survey.
Included as a pair of essentially unaltered mid-C19 small estate cottages of the simple 'vernacular revival' style particularly favoured by the Penrhyn Estate for its workers in the decades immediately after c1850.
Other nearby listed buildings