This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1616 / 52°9'41"N
Longitude: -3.2815 / 3°16'53"W
OS Eastings: 312434
OS Northings: 252259
OS Grid: SO124522
Mapcode National: GBR YT.5YFY
Mapcode Global: VH69W.2XJR
Entry Name: Old Rectory, including forecourt walls, gate, and railings
Listing Date: 21 July 2000
Last Amended: 20 January 2005
Source ID: 23660
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Approximately 200m N of the parish church, on the E side of the road through the village, next to Mission Rooms.
Town: Llandrindod Wells
Community: Glascwm (Glasgwm)
Traditional County: Radnorshire
Built as a Rectory in the mid C19 and first shown on the 1889 Ordnance Survey
House. Two storeys plus attic. Three window front; roughcast render; slate roof, rectangular chimneys to ends. Central 4-panelled door with modern glazing to overlight. Twelve-pane hornless sash window to each side. Three 12-pane sashes to first floor. Above centre, gabled attic with decorative bargeboard, and 9-pane sash window with ogee lintel. Rear of house (painted stone) has 2-storey gabled block at right angles.
The front of the house is enclosed by low wall with iron railings with spear finials, and posts with urn finials; gate in matching style.
Hall with wooden stair to rear, C19 panelled doors to rooms each side of hall. Left hand room has longitudinal beams; fireplace with wooden panelled overmantel; panelled cupboards to each side. Some C19 panelled doors to first floor also.
Listed for its special architectural interest as a well-preserved C19 house in the village centre, forming a strong visual group with the adjacent Mission Rooms.
Other nearby listed buildings