This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.0254 / 53°1'31"N
Longitude: -4.2809 / 4°16'51"W
OS Eastings: 247124
OS Northings: 350005
OS Grid: SH471500
Mapcode National: GBR 5H.FJKR
Mapcode Global: WH440.66RZ
Entry Name: Ty Capel
Listing Date: 21 July 2000
Last Amended: 21 July 2000
Source ID: 23693
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Located on the eastern side of the village street, from which it is set back, with the Independent Chapel it serves directly adjacent.
Traditional County: Caernarfonshire
Not shown on the 1840 Tithe Map, the house appears to have been constructed as a manse for the adjacent chapel when it was rebuilt c1860.
Regularly coursed and dressed granite blocks, rendered to gable ends; slate roof with rendered integral end stacks. 2 storeys. 3-window front; 4-paned sashes directly below eaves and C20 windows to either side of central entrance (C20 half-glazed door), ground-floor windows and doorway all with stone lintels. Single-storey lean-to on right gable end with small 4-paned sash window to front and integral stack to side.
Interior not inspected at time of resurvey.
Included as an essentially unaltered mid-C19 manse built to serve the contemporary chapel, with which it forms a group as the nucleus of a typical upland hamlet in the slate quarrying landscape.
Other nearby listed buildings