This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.6285 / 52°37'42"N
Longitude: -4.0676 / 4°4'3"W
OS Eastings: 260152
OS Northings: 305419
OS Grid: SH601054
Mapcode National: GBR 8S.7H3V
Mapcode Global: WH575.H688
Entry Name: Capel Bethel, with vestry and front railed forecourt
Listing Date: 26 July 2000
Last Amended: 26 July 2000
Source ID: 23760
Building Class: Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Location: The chapel is at the E end of the village, connected to Capel Ebenezer by vestries forming a long facade.
Traditional County: Merionethshire
Capel Bethel was added to the Capel Ebenezer vestry in 1867, to provide for the Calvinistic Methodists of the area.
The chapel is built of stone and pebbledashed, with end channelled pilasters and a slate roof. Tripartite facade, with a central entrance, a round-headed doorway with a moulded architrave on consoles rising to a keystone. To either side, large round-headed windows with similar architraved heads and bracketed sills. Above a string at the base of the gable is a small keyed roundel carrying the name and date of building.
The narrow front forecourt is railed consisting of round cast iron stanchions with pointed terminals and intermediate rails with alternating cross javelin heads. The railings continue in front of the vestries as far as the railings of Capel Ebenezer.
Not accessible at the time of inspection.
Included as a typical unpretentious country chapel forming part of an unusual group with Capel Ebenezer and vestries.
Other nearby listed buildings