This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.8334 / 51°50'0"N
Longitude: -3.1134 / 3°6'48"W
OS Eastings: 323375
OS Northings: 215558
OS Grid: SO233155
Mapcode National: GBR F1.VQCK
Mapcode Global: VH6CP.Z5FW
Entry Name: Stables and Coach House at Danygraig
Listing Date: 27 July 2000
Last Amended: 27 July 2000
Source ID: 23820
Building Class: Domestic
Location: House located on the west side of the A4077 road leading from Gilwern to Crickhowell. 1 km north-west of Gilwern. Stables and coach house located immediately north-west of house.
Community: Llanelly (Llanelli)
Traditional County: Brecknockshire
Early C19, shown on 1847 Tithe Map, with William Richard Stretton of Glanusk as owner, and ‘Clarke’ as occupier. Probably contemporary with the alterations to the house.
Small rubble-built stable and coach-house range, corrugated iron roofs. Extensive traces of limewash. Coach house to left is single storey with hipped end to roof. Three bays with boarded left door having stone cambered voussoired head. Four-paned central window with similar head; tall wide cart doorway to left, cambered stone voussoired head. Stables to right rise to two full storeys with gabled roof. Ground floor doorways with cambered stone voussoired heads: centre door is blocked, with inserted window. First floor centre has unusual large oculus with stone voussoirs, either originally a window, or pitching-door. Blocked window each side. Left gable has red brick dove-perches with stone tiled ledges.
Listed as a well-designed small coach house and stable range. Group value with house.
Other nearby listed buildings