This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.8905 / 51°53'25"N
Longitude: -4.3937 / 4°23'37"W
OS Eastings: 235376
OS Northings: 224040
OS Grid: SN353240
Mapcode National: GBR DB.R4TM
Mapcode Global: VH3L7.SRM2
Entry Name: Cwm Flowrog
Listing Date: 10 August 2000
Last Amended: 10 August 2000
Source ID: 23884
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated some 2km NE of Abernant at the bottom of a deep valley accessed by a steep and winding track.
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
Earlier C19 farmhouse, marked on Abernant Tithe map of 1845. At this time the holding was 123 acres (49.8 hectares), owned by Lewis Evans of Pantycendy and John Thomas and occupied by John Davies and others. A large stone chimney has probably been removed from the right end, the stack replaced by present brick chimney perhaps contemporary with fenestration in later C19.
Farmhouse, whitewashed rubble stone with slate close-eaved roof and brick end stacks. Two-storey, 3-window range heavily offset to left. Four-pane horned sashes, set under eaves above and with stone voussoirs below. Centre door has flat head, plank door and plain overlight. Windowless right end wall. Outshut rear with C20 windows and doors in low rear wall.
Not accessible at time of survey.
Included as a traditional farmhouse of the late Georgian period, now rare in the region.
Other nearby listed buildings