This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.9079 / 51°54'28"N
Longitude: -4.4363 / 4°26'10"W
OS Eastings: 232510
OS Northings: 226068
OS Grid: SN325260
Mapcode National: GBR D9.PSB6
Mapcode Global: VH3L7.292R
Entry Name: Coach-house at Rhyd-y-garreg-ddu
Listing Date: 10 August 2000
Last Amended: 10 August 2000
Source ID: 23887
Building Class: Agriculture and Subsistence
Location: Situated on the W side of the farmyard at Rhyd-y-garreg-ddu approximately 1km NW of Talog.
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
Coach-house dated 1866 at Rhydygarregddu. The farm is marked to a different layout on the 1845 Abernant Tithe map.
Coach-house, white-painted rubble stone with slate roof. Two centre arched entries with painted stone voussoirs and double plank doors. Plaque above interrupting irregular row of dove-holes reads 'Built in 1866 by Mr Jacob Jones'. Lofted section to left has ground floor small 4-pane window with painted stone voussoirs, and 9-pane loft light above under eaves slightly to right. Outside stone stairs on left end wall with whitewashed risers and stone treads, to end wall loft door. Small single pane window to left side of rear wall.
Five bay roof with stapled pine collar trusses.
Included as an outbuilding of unusual quality, of near-formal design. Group value with Rhyd-y-garreg-ddu.
Other nearby listed buildings