This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.7034 / 51°42'12"N
Longitude: -2.6704 / 2°40'13"W
OS Eastings: 353767
OS Northings: 200725
OS Grid: SO537007
Mapcode National: GBR JM.3WJ4
Mapcode Global: VH87F.NGM1
Entry Name: Water Tank at Tintern Station
Listing Date: 29 September 2000
Last Amended: 29 September 2000
Source ID: 24043
Building Class: Water Supply and Drainage
Location: On a meadow at a loop of the river Wye to N of Tintern Abbey.
Community: Tintern (Tyndyrn)
Locality: Tintern Parva
Traditional County: Monmouthshire
The water tank was built in 1876 by the Monmouth and Wye Valley Railway which became a part of the Great Western Railway in 1908.
The water tank is constructed of squared rock faced sandstone with a wrought iron water tank. Square stone base with a door on one side and a recessed panel to the front. The water tank is of 3 x 3 wrought iron plates which project slightly over the base.
Included as a very rare surviving Victorian railway water tank and for its group value with the other buildings at Tintern station.
Other nearby listed buildings