This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1752 / 52°10'30"N
Longitude: -3.6348 / 3°38'5"W
OS Eastings: 288303
OS Northings: 254251
OS Grid: SN883542
Mapcode National: GBR YC.511P
Mapcode Global: VH5D6.YL8C
Entry Name: Milestone at Trallwm
Listing Date: 30 October 2000
Last Amended: 30 October 2000
Source ID: 24365
Building Class: Communications
Location: Approximately 1.1km WNW of Pantycelyn Chapel on the S side of a minor road between Beulah and Abergwesyn.
Traditional County: Brecknockshire
The present road between Beulah and Abergwesyn was built in the third quarter of the C19, largely at the instigation of Henry Thomas. The new road was laid out on a more favourable gradient than the earlier road shown on the 1841 Tithe map and was diverted away from Thomas' own house at Llwynmadoc. The milestones all date from the construction of the new road and are shown on the Ordnance Survey of 1888.
A dressed milestone with a rounded top. The face is engraved: 'Garth 6, Abergwesyn 2 1/2, Llanwrtyd 7 3/4'.
Listed for group value as one of a series of 4 mid C19 milestones marking the diversion of the local road by a prominent local landowner.