This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.3702 / 53°22'12"N
Longitude: -4.5101 / 4°30'36"W
OS Eastings: 233096
OS Northings: 388867
OS Grid: SH330888
Mapcode National: GBR HM7S.NTR
Mapcode Global: WH424.PKJ5
Entry Name: Agricultural range at Tyddyn Waen
Listing Date: 27 November 2000
Last Amended: 27 November 2000
Source ID: 24428
Building Class: Agriculture and Subsistence
Location: Set back from the SE side of the A5025 as it passes through the village of Llanrhyddlad; the agricultural range is located directly SE of the house at Tyddyn Waen.
County: Isle of Anglesey
Traditional County: Anglesey
Agricultural range built probably late C18 or early C19. The range at Tyddyn Waen is not marked on the Tithe Map of the parish of Llanrhuddlad, 1843; however, the map is poorly annotated, not all the buildings are shown and none of the agricultural buildings are recorded. The holding, however, was apparently in existence by 1841 as the house is listed in the Census Returns of that year.
Long agricultural range with rubble walls and roofs of old small slates, with a lofted stable or cowhouse to the L and a corn barn-cowhouse to the R. The range is in two equally sized parts, with a slight rise in the ridge line to the R part. The L part has a stone stair to the L gable wall leading to a granary or servants loft. Two narrow doors to the cowhouse or stable front, with a 9-pane fixed light window to the R. Blocked window to rear elevation R side, with door to L side, with small 6-pane window to L. The R part has corn barn to the L and a cowhouse or stable to the R; The corn barn has a wide door to the L, probably enlarged, with a narrow winnowing door in the opposite wall. To the R are a pair of narrow doors, with a window inserted in a former doorway to the R end. The rear elevation has a blocked door to the L end.
The interior was not inspected at the time of the survey.
Listed as a vernacular agricultural range of characteristic local form, which forms part of a complete late C18 or early C19 farmstead group, together with the farmhouse.
Other nearby listed buildings