Milestone S of Cilmery Farm
A Grade II Listed Building in Cilmery, Powys
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building.
In some locations, Street View may not
give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1466 / 52°8'47"N
Longitude: -3.472 / 3°28'19"W
OS Eastings: 299373
OS Northings: 250835
OS Grid: SN993508
Mapcode National: GBR YK.6Z9S
Mapcode Global: VH5DH.R9VR
Entry Name: Milestone S of Cilmery Farm
Listing Date: 21 December 2000
Last Amended: 21 December 2000
Source ID: 24482
Building Class: Communications
Location: Approximately 1.2km SW of the centre of Cilmery.
Community: Cilmery (Cilmeri)
Traditional County: Brecknockshire
Erected in the third quarter of the C18 when the 6-mile (9.7km) road between Builth and Garth was turnpiked.
A milestone of dressed masonry with segmental top, painted white with engraved letters painted black: Builth 3.
Reasons for Listing
Listed as one of a complete set of 6 milestones between Builth and Garth in Cilmery and Treflys communities.
Other nearby listed buildings
Church of St David or St Llyr
The church stands in a churchyard on the S side of a bend in the Afon Irfon. It is reached down a long track N off a minor road some 3.5km W of Builth Wells.
Memorial to Llywelyn ap Gruffudd, Prince of Wales
Set back from the road approximately 300m W of the centre of Cilmery.
A farmhouse approximately 0.6km S of the centre of Cilmery and reached by a farm road on the S side of the A483 immediately E of Cefn Llewelyn.
Milestone E of Cilmery village
On the W side of the junction with a minor road to Llanganten church and approximately 0.4km E of the centre of Cilmery.
Milestone E of Llanfechan Farm
Approximately 0.6km E of Llanfechan church and immediately W of a former petrol filling station.