This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7663 / 51°45'58"N
Longitude: -4.5653 / 4°33'54"W
OS Eastings: 223083
OS Northings: 210628
OS Grid: SN230106
Mapcode National: GBR D3.ZXZH
Mapcode Global: VH2P8.TVDT
Entry Name: Lychgate to churchyard of Church of St Margaret Marloes
Listing Date: 12 January 2001
Last Amended: 12 January 2001
Source ID: 24489
Building Class: Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Location: Situated at the entrance to the churchyard on the N side of the B4314, some 2.5km SE of Rhos-goch.
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
Lychgate to churchyard of Church of St Margaret Marloes, erected in 1930 as a memorial to Walter Lloyd of East Pool farm.
Lychgate, oak frame on grey limestone side walls with slate roof. Side walls are built into churchyard encircling bank, with raised piers on inner faces for timber gates (replaced to different design in August 2000). W side plaque 'Erected by Mrs Morson to her parents 1930'. E side incorporates a rounded boulder stone. Oak frame has open timber framing each side, vertical studs with mid-rail. Three tie-beams with cambered top sides, outer ones carrying timber framing of end gables, vertical studs and cross motif to centre. Overhanging verges with bargeboards. Shaped brackets under front and back trusses.
Included as a well-designed oak lychgate at the entry to a circular Celtic churchyard, of group value with the church.
Other nearby listed buildings