This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.0778 / 53°4'40"N
Longitude: -3.3817 / 3°22'54"W
OS Eastings: 307534
OS Northings: 354291
OS Grid: SJ075542
Mapcode National: GBR 6P.B11R
Mapcode Global: WH77G.0WXV
Entry Name: Plas Clocaenog Farmhouse with attached outbuildings
Listing Date: 12 January 2001
Last Amended: 12 January 2001
Source ID: 24505
Building Class: Agriculture and Subsistence
Location: On the road leading west from the village of Clocaenog, at about ½ km from the village.
Traditional County: Denbighshire
A farmhouse likely to be of the C16 or C17.
The farm of Plas Clocaenog appears on the draft Ordnance Survey plan of c1819. It appears on the Tithe Survey of 1839 as owned by the Rt Hon Lord Bagot and occupied by John Evans, with about 140 acres (55.7ha).
A large farmhouse in local materials, facing north east, with a rear lateral chimney and with a small forecourt. Small front outbuilding to north and lofted sheds to south in tandem.
A vernacular farmhouse of some local status, believed to have escaped recent alteration and to have retained its historic character; accompanied by an extensive set of traditional farmbuildings.
Other nearby listed buildings