This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.352 / 53°21'7"N
Longitude: -4.5352 / 4°32'6"W
OS Eastings: 231358
OS Northings: 386902
OS Grid: SH313869
Mapcode National: GBR HM5V.3CX
Mapcode Global: WH42B.90ML
Entry Name: Gate and gateposts, wall and railings, Ebenezer Chapel
Listing Date: 16 February 2001
Last Amended: 16 February 2001
Source ID: 24804
Building Class: Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Location: Enclosing the grounds of the Methodist chapel; set back from the S side of a track of the Porth Swtan road in the village of Llanfaethlu.
County: Isle of Anglesey
Traditional County: Anglesey
The railings and walling along the northern boundary of the chapel grounds are contemporary with the chapel; erected 1908.
The grounds of the chapel are enclosed on all sides. At the northern boundary, and along the trackway, the walling is contemporary with the main chapel and the railings above have the same Art Nouveau styling. Towards the E end are the main entrance gates; large square posts, pebbledashed rendered, with shaped capping. Double gates with alternate tall and short rails; the central vertical rail with inverted heart within a scrolled surround to form a stylised design repeated along the railings to either side. Top rail shaped down to centre; either side with scrolled terminals. The low walls to either side are pebbledashed rendered with bevelled capping; the railings above with the stylised design repeated along their length, each design within a railed surround, the top arched, to form a panel.
Listed as an integral part of the group at Ebenezer Chapel, the ironwork is notable for the 'Art Nouveau' detailing which links its design with that of the chapel itself.
Other nearby listed buildings